Monday, March 18, 2019




—THERE ISN’T A DAY THAT YOU AREN’T RIGHT HERE, BY MY SIDE


                                    
                                        On Layaway

You give a fuck, so I like you.
I give you the last of the vegemite and you give me a GoFundMe kiss that is light on collateral. 
I give you my virginity in tiny disposal packets while you give me a helium tank plus a baggie full of flaccid balloons.
All my cells are paying you back with ratty twenties, every one of my sad souls clipped to a wire.
My dendrites wear carpenter pants and a workman’s attitude.  Your dendrites are scary beggars, but they accept American Express and Discover.
When I offer you the southern half of Papua New Guinea, you give me a ComeFuckMe kiss that secretly thinks it’s The Sistine Chapel.
Because my attention span has grown garage doors, I’ve run out of things to reclaim or return, so I take you at your word. 
I put the boat in the bath, unlace your promises with my front canines, and watch you sigh an ocean over everything that’s left of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment