Friday, March 1, 2019





—I’M PRETTY SURE IT WAS SPECTACULAR.  YEAH, I’M PRETTY SURE.


Miss You More

I miss you, one moon at a time, full or barren, when I'm stargazing or in the middle of a red-hot sex dream.
I miss you in thirty-seven languages, though I only know one and a half.
I miss you in Arabic posters painted on the chests of commuter buses running at rush hour.
I miss you in the shoals of ice cold coffee, in the ruddy suspect grounds.
I miss you in Mauritius where there’s plenty of sheer, azure air.
I miss that ace of diamonds lying by your pelvis like a grenade stem.  I miss that whole constellation of code.
I miss you in SoHo and Seattle.  I miss you in Powell’s Books.
I miss you two times a lady, two times a billion, two times a lifetime, which equals a lot.
I miss you in Cubism, Impressionism, and hedonism.  I miss my face buried in your perfect moon ass.
I miss you in sonics that skip and reverb, that ping off the wall like misdirected wasps.
I miss you telling me nothing about the something you’re in.
I miss your forefinger in my mouth, or anything of you in my mouth.
I miss you in a snowstorm that fractures my back and kills all the noises in my head.
I miss you insane, in line, in a pickle, in instances where the meaning is unclear and unruly.
I miss you in Cabernet, cookies n’ cream, a court-side game we’ve yet to see.
Yes, it’s true.
I miss you in morning, in mourning, in evenings when the seconds slog and the bleak borders sag.
I miss you tying my shoes, tying a tie four-in-hand, or fingering crusts of sleep from the corner of my eyes.
I miss you standing in a courtroom with legs full of rock salt, head leaking exhaust.
I miss you in between every in between.
I miss you.
I miss you right now.
I missed you before.
But now, I miss you even more.



No comments:

Post a Comment