Wednesday, November 28, 2018






—I’VE LOVED MOST EVERY MINUTE


…Good morning, Mister Sunshine.

…“In every sudden thing I look for you.  And that is how I look for you.” Shane McCrae

…The funny thing about gifts is we all have different interpretations of what makes a good one.

…What do you miss?  Are you missing it now?  How much?

…None of us really know our fathers.  And for a lot of us, me anyway, the same can be said of our mothers.

…I don’t know what my body is for other than taking my head from room to room.

…There’s just no getting around it: Hospitals are sad places.  This morning while in one, I looked around and tried to find a single smiling person, but couldn’t.  I wonder if that’s how I looked--sick and fearful.  I suppose I did.  I suppose no one would be in a hospital if they were happy and healthy.

…For the record, I don’t bruise easily.  Not on the skin anyway.  Not on the outside.

…Pete the eagle just flew by.  He always seems to be on a mission, always seems to know exactly where he wants to go.  It’s impressive and makes me envious.

…I wrote some really dark things yesterday.  Maybe too dark for here.  We’ll see.

…“The Thing About Gratitude” has a life of its own.  Kind of remarkable.  It’s the gift that keeps on giving.  It’s making me re-think a few things.

…Having a toddler around keeps you on your toes.  Having a toddler around makes me yearn for one of my own.

…It’s taken me a long time to find peace with the holidays.  I’m still not all the way there.  Maybe this’ll be the year.

 …One of these days I’m going to be my old self.  Question is: How will that go?  Question is: Am I going to like that guy?

…Don’t cry for me, Argentina.

…Really, please don’t.

…2:30 am is not a good time for anything.  Just try it out, and I’m sure you’ll agree.

“No day but today.”  I know that, but still…

…It’s funny how you can know someone you’ve never met better than anyone you’ve known for years.

 …“Well, talk to me like the rain and–let me listen, let me lie here and–listen…It’s been too long a time since we–levelled with each other. Now tell me things. What have you been thinking in the silence? Tell me, talk to me! Talk to me like the rain and I will lie here and listen.” Tennessee Williams

...“Be still and know that I am God.”  Yep.


No comments:

Post a Comment