Monday, November 19, 2018


  


--I WOKE UP THIS MORNING IN A REALLY BAD DREAM

…Life is such a strange thing.

…When the blue surrounds me, that’s when I come alive.

…People don’t slow dance nearly as much as they should.

…I’ve gotten really good at swallowing the bad stuff.

…When ppl say, “Aren’t you worried what so and so will think?” I want to tell them to (…)

…Sometimes the best answer is no answer at all.

…I remember when the neon used to buzz all bright and pink, but some things aren’t meant to be bookmarked.

…It’ll get dark any minute now.  Don’t hold your breath.

…It’s startling, isn’t it?  The effect other ppl can have on you.

…How can it be okay?  How can this be okay?

…I’ve developed a strong love for sour.

…Sadly, things happen we just can’t explain.

…To be clear: everything is going to be okay somewhere.

…I don’t think it evens out, but you’ll make it.  I’m sure of that.

…Try swallowing the taste of smallness, but make sure to wash it down with something strong.

...This morning was similar to other mornings when I woke up and wondered what it would feel like to die.  I should probably stop my curiosity on that subject.  They’ll be time for that soon enough.

…This isn’t your first rodeo, is it?

…The hardest part is trying to find out where you belong.

…After all this time, surrounded by darkness, there are still flares of light.

…In each bite: absence, hunger, spiraling, hollows.

…I am the whole piece, desperate to prove myself wrong.

…Sometimes I can feel a mountain swelling in my throat, but I just swallow anyway.

…What’s wrong?  Are you crying?  Did something happen?

…Words.  Stupid words.



No comments:

Post a Comment