Wednesday, November 7, 2018





--THAT WAS WHEN MY REFLECTION USED TO TALK TO ME A LOT


I Meant To Tell You That

I wanted to be here with you
When the moon split open
Gooey and full of gold bullion
When your hands shook
Like confused termites
And air tasted like the first air
Ever shared by two lovers
I wanted to be here with you
As the mountains played hopscotch
And you knew for certain it wasn’t a hoax
But perhaps a herd of dinosaurs
Returning for an encore on earth
I wanted to be here with you
To watch your milky eyes
Search for mine or a cantering
Ladybug on the window sill with
Her one slightly twisted wing
I wanted to be here with you when you said
Remember that time it rained water buffaloes
Remember how impatient the solar eclipse was
That day we were busy necking through the phone
Remember how the rainbow tossed off
All those candy canes that melted
On our lips like morning sunshine
I wanted
I wanted to
I wanted to be
I wanted to be here
With you
I meant to tell you that


No comments:

Post a Comment