Wednesday, July 4, 2018




—THANKS FOR BEING HONEST

…Hate is a pretty strong word.  It’s the bloody footprint at a crime scene.

…I can count the number of people who’ve said they hate me on one hand.  Maybe one finger.

…Honesty begets trust, and without trust you’re just floating down the rapids, going wherever the current wants to take you.

…I wrote a few terrible stories because I was trying to be like somebody else.  And then I realized the only thing I could speak on with authority was something I actually knew about because it came from an honest place, even if that place was quite dark and chilly.

…It’s good to do things that make you uncomfortable, so long as you’re confident in the end game.  Otherwise you could have a trapdoor waiting for you.

…I keep trying to make my bones blossom, but that takes a hell of a lot of booze.

…Here’s what I’m asking myself today: where is my place in the world?

…As with anything, the dose makes the poison.

…Not to be a sad sack, but I am carrying a cargo of sorrow on my back.

…Everybody knows the war is over.  Everybody knows the good guys lost.

…It’s one thing to see a photograph and another thing altogether to see the real thing in person.

…Doubt is good.  We all doubt when we set out to do anything new or challenging.  That’s a motivating factor.

…Oh, those sad country songs, sharp as surgical scalpel knives they are.

…Everybody knows the dice are loaded.  Everybody rolls with fingers crossed.

…Not one thing’s gone the way I thought it would, so I won’t make another prediction.

…Childhood is a different time.  One sees things differently then.

…Were you here when they dug the hole?  Did you notice how deep it was?

…If you don’t find the answers, I hope someone else can help you with that.

…When you’re down in the dumps and everything’s shit, it’s nice to have a dog to snuggle.

…I love wind puppets.  They always make me want to shimmy and shake my shoulders.

…Death is a hopeless resolution at best.  The soul separated from the body at last, but still retaining memories and having hungers.

…I’ve been sleeping with my eyes open, like a scarecrow on ice, and that’s no way to sleep.

…When you’re reeling with causality, it’s best to look in the mirror.

…I caught a train that was backward bound.

…I may veer off in different directions, but I’m still here.  I’m right here.

…It’s going to be one hell of a noisy night around here, different from all the rest.

...Is the sun shining there?  I bet it is.

…Yes, I’m talking to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment