Friday, July 6, 2018





—A LITTLE INSOMNIA

…Insomniacs are true accountants; they are smug about the time they keep.

…I can be dumb sometimes.  I don’t always know what I’m thinking.

…The reason you think you’ve been there is because you have.  Your memory’s just fading a bit.

…Me, a hole, a gap, a breach, a space, an absence, feckless. 

…What could I be thinking of when I scissor through the plugged in cord?

…There is nothing we can do about the howling.  Walls are only so thick.

…I took them and tossed them.  I didn’t care where they landed.

…The light is a salt in my eyes, but I keep blinking into it nonetheless.

…I remember the impulse to kneel.  What an embarrassing story.

…People seem to assume the best of me and I’m like, why?

…One of these days I will get around to it.  I’ve been meaning to do everything for a while.

…Yes.  Yes, please.

…“There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief.”

…Why not just use some kerosene?

…When you tell me the worst thing I can do is (…), I think, you have no idea.

…You are holding onto your beliefs and I am holding onto mine.  We’re just different people, after all.  There’s nothing malicious about that.

…Nobody wants a lecture about how they’re not good enough.  Nobody wants a lecture, not even the student who paid to get one.

…I’ve been told I’m fragile.  I hear I’m a lot to handle.

...I'm strong, I'm a coward.  I'm cruel, I'm kind.  I'm thoughtful, I'm thoughtless.  What am I really?

…If you haven’t noticed already, times running out on the clock and there are no more get out of jail free cards left.

…There are many things I cannot put into words, even though I’m supposed to be good at doing that.

…Today the lake whispers her secrets, the sound like a soft cloth on cloth.  She looks green and insistent, pleading her case to whomever will listen.

…You do not know my kind of loneliness.

…Think about it.  I do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment