Friday, March 9, 2018




--PUT IT ALL ON ME 



…It could only mean one thing—that I am the dumbest human to have ever lived.

…Twenty-seven days.  Is that too much to ask for?

…“I should have known better” is something that’s always said on the flip side, when it’s already too late.

…I am brave.  I am bruised.  I’ve got a room at the top of the of the world tonight and I ain’t coming down.

…There’s always going to be a part of me that’s loud and sloppy, but I kind of like it that way.

…Like a coin you are mint and I am dented.

…There are a lot of different forms of identity theft.  But then you already knew that.

…Everybody could have peace if they just tried a little harder.  The sun wouldn’t have it any other way.

…I stopped looking.  I mean, what’s the point?

…Tool (n): a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function.

…Some people enjoy symphonies, and others the sound of breaking glass.

…I am trying to flinch less.  No really, I am.  I am trying to flinch less, so please don’t sneak up on me or drop another bombshell.


…Let it leave.  Let it go.  Let it happen.  Nothing in this world was promised to you or belonged to you anyway.

…Right there is the answer you’re looking for.

…What is it with you and squirrels?   I mean, you can’t find anything more interesting?

…The thing about sunflowers is they worship the sun and only when it arrives do they stand up straight.  When the sun leaves, they bow their heads in mourning.

…Sometimes I stop myself from saying the words out loud as if leaving my mouth too often might wear them down.

…The most important conversations we have are usually with ourselves.

…You’ll see what apologies look like when one of us is dying at eighty-five.

…This morning I told the flowers what I’d do for you and they blossomed.

…On bad days I think about it, what I might do if the apocalypse comes and the planes stop flying and there is all that time to do nothing but think.

…I am made of water.  Of course, I’m emotional.

…The right one does not stand in your way.  They make space for you to step forward.  Yet, sometimes they trip you while you’re walking.

…What I thought was an endless conversation was actually me just talking to myself, talking to a ghost person.

…I’ve learned everything is temporary—moments, people, feelings.  I’ve learned vulnerability is not always the right choice.

…The universe took it’s time working on you.  You’re a masterwork.  You’re a piece of work.

…I am the ghost of ghosts everywhere.  I am the magic trick no one sees.  The sleight of hand doing its bidding off stage.

…Upon the birth of each child a mother says, “There is God in you.  Can you feel her dancing?”

…Life and death are old friends and I am the conversation in between them.  I am their late night chatter, their laughter and tears, and most times their greatest source of laughter.

…To hate is an easy, lazy thing.  And still I do it anyway.  Such a bad, bad boy.

…I don’t want another nickname as long as I live.  You can call me Al.  After all, that was my dad’s name.  One of them, anyway.

…Dear God,
What does it mean to belief in you?  Can you draw me a picture of what that looks like?
Thank you

…Well, that was fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment