Monday, September 18, 2017



--WORDS FALL SHORT AT TIMES LIKE THESE

 
…This is the story of the world—pretending.

…Some of us only bleed on the inside.  Some of us are very different and we have tattoos inside our skin.

…Julia Child once said, “People who love to eat are the best people.”  I guess I’m not one of those.

…I wonder whose job it is to come up with names for storms, hurricanes and tornadoes.  I wonder how you even get a job like that.

…Someone told me this once—“Don’t let the bastards get you down.  Don’t let the assholes wear you out.”  Sounds like good advice. 

…Accessorizing before the fact is probably a bad idea.

…Sometimes when I look at the moon I forget that it’s the same moon everyone has looked at since the beginning of time.

…We are all made up of what came here and collided and allowed something to be born.  None of it is new.  That’s all we are.  Candy bars and stars.

…It’s tiny victories, like wiping off someone’s snot, that makes life meaningful.

…It’s a hell of a thing to want something so badly you’d be willing to kill everything else.  But maybe it’s worth it.

…I’d like to believe I am stronger than I am broken, yet that’s a tricky proposition.

…In truth, nobody wants a broken toy.  I mean, why would they?

…It can be a balm to write, to give a voice to what we’re unable to otherwise say.

…Whether I shall turn out to be the villain of my own life these pages must show.

…All pain comes from wanting things and believing you possess things, but we truly own nothing in this life.  Everything is slippery.

…I’m pliable, but mostly I’m porous and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing.

…Sometimes a flaw can go on to make someone more beautiful.

…Dude, you’re not fooling anyone.  You look just like you.

…Anyone can get laid.  Getting love is another thing altogether.  It’s a very steep climb and you have to be incredibly fit.  You have to have patience.

…Here’s an idea: let’s make each other more beautiful.  There might be a way.

…I love the idea that otters hold hands when they sleep so that they don’t drift apart.  Not much is cuter than that, and I do mean cuter.

…In many ways, the past still clings to my ankles, and so that makes today a little bit complicated.

…Easy, Sparky, this movie’s only halfway started.

…Please don’t turn the page.

…Life is something, ain’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment