Wednesday, September 27, 2017



 
—THAT’S EASY FOR YOU TO SAY
 

…Everybody has a bit of ESP if they care to listen to it.

…It usually starts sometime around midnight, but at least that’s when you can lose yourself for minute or two.

…It’s a lot to know.  It’s a lot to understand.  Sometimes it’s a war of minutes realizing that it takes a lot to live.

…Heaven’s just a long rode home.

…It doesn’t often happen, but it happened to me.  Yep.

…After I’d left home and would come back to visit my parents, my Dad would always light a cigarette and lean back in his chair with a grin, saying, “Tell me a story, kid.”  I never exactly knew what he was asking, if he wanted news of my life or fiction, so sometimes I gave him both.  I don’t think he could tell the difference.  Anyway, he never asked and usually he smiled afterward and said, “…”

…I am carried in my shadow like a violin in its black case.  All I want to say gleams out of reach like the silver in a pawnshop that’s gone out of business.

…There are a lot of things a person needs to protect, but sometimes you have to say, What the hell?  Why not?

…If you think about it, free will is both an extraordinary and confounding concept.  I try not to think about it too much.  There’s some stuff that just needs to be placed inside a jar and set on a shelf that’s out of reach.

…Recently I was with a group of good friends and someone got the idea that we should turn off the lights and each tell a ghost story.  There were eight of us.  Everyone had a good ghost story to tell, but me.  I had none.  I’ve seen ghosts.  Sometimes I still see them.  The only thing is they’re real people, so I’m not sure if that qualifies them to be ghosts.

…It’s funny how blurry things can get, or how entangled.  Sometimes it helps to find a different angle to get a better view.  Other times it takes a big fucking magnifying glass and, even then, the print might still be too tiny.

…That’s a story into itself.

…There’s no discount without a little skepticism.

…My dog is a sunbather.  The carpet in my office is her beach.  She just can’t get enough of it.

…Yesterday morning before I’d even made it to Devil’s Elbow (an incredibly sharp and nefarious bend in the road that has caused many an accident, and is only a mile from my house) I almost ran over two separate rabbits and three deer that were hiding in the early morning shaded shadows on the side of the road.  I think if I ever hit a deer, for me, it would be akin to killing a child.

…I’m a sucker for deer, a good pop hook, children, twins, someone who laughs easily, any body of water, sunsets, black and white photography, bird song...  I’m a sucker for a lot of things.  I guess that makes me a sucker
 
...The beaver just swam by.  It's been a while since I've seen him.  He looked like he was in a hurry.
…Some of us just made it to the other side.

…I am what staggered off the shipwreck.

…I’m somewhat stuck in the middle.  Is there an answer for that?  That's what I'm looking for.

…Being a good listener isn’t as easy as one would think.  Talking to a really good listener can be good for the soul, but also a little daunting.

...You send me right round baby right round like a record baby.

…Let’s take a walk.  I can show you around and you can tell me what you see.

…No more gloom, please.  Just love.  Lots of love, whatever kind there is.  Whatever that means.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    These are really good, could you tell me what book they're from?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete