Wednesday, September 13, 2017



 
--I’M STANDING HERE UNTIL YOU MAKE ME MOVE

 
…Hey you.  Wish you could have seen last night’s sunset.  She was a beauty—a floating mauve dragon with a glowing pink belly, wings outstretched and tail curled.

…I was fortunate to have a story selected in “Best Small Fictions 2017.”  Amy Hempel was the judge and only 55 pieces were picked.  The anthology is available for purchase in all bookstores, nationally and internationally, as well as at Amazon.  Here’s a review from the Pittsburg Post-Gazette where I’m lucky to get a mention:


…I had a few things published the last week or so:







Here are some things I like on a Wednesday:

“I could feel myself missing her even when I was with her.” Kevin Arnold, “The Wonder Years”

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." A.W. Pinero

"The lover knows much more about absolute good and universal beauty than any logician or theologian, unless the latter, too, be lovers in disguise." George Santayana

“Patience is passion tamed.”  Rod Stillwell

“There’s a lot of sadness, but we just continue to try to make the best of every day and keep a sense of humor.”  Kimberely Woolen, Glen Campbell’s wife on her husband battle with Alzheimer’s

“I do not want my children to be worried about me.  I think it’s very important to cry in the shower and not in front of them.  They need to know that everything is going to be all right when you’re not sure it is.” Angelina Jolie

“Remember diamonds are made under pressure, so hold on.  It will be your time to shine soon.” Sope Agbelusi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment