Friday, September 23, 2016



--I WAS TRYING TO KEEP YOU CLOSE TO ME BUT HOPE GOT IN THE WAY

 
…It’s raining fairly hard right now but that hasn’t deterred the guy outside my window.  He must really like to fish since he’s the only one out on the lake.  He’s also standing up in a small rowboat.  So my summation is he’s not very bright.

…My dog keeps curling up right next to my feet.  It’s cute, but I’m afraid I’ll forget she’s there and roll over her with my chair leg.

…What have you got planned for the weekend?  I hope it’s something exciting.

…Here are some things I like on a dreary Friday:

-“Anyone who says they know just how a person feels is a fool.” Lucia Berlin

-“It’s the scariest thing in the world to feel alone.” Miley Cyrus

-“In a field
I am the absence
Of field.” –Mark Strand

-“I had been my whole life a bell, and never knew it until at that moment I was lifted and struck.” - Annie Dillard

-"So you think that you're a failure, do you? Well, you probably are. What's wrong with that? In the first place, if you've any sense at all you must have learned by now that we pay just as dearly for our triumphs as we do for our defeats. Go ahead and fail. But fail with wit, fail with grace, fail with style. A mediocre failure is as insufferable as a mediocre success. Embrace failure! Seek it out. Learn to love it. That may be the only way any of us will ever be free." - Tom Robbins

-“I had nothing to offer anybody but my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac

-“There is so much more in experiencing the unfamiliar as familiar.”

-“You should have changed if you wanted to remain yourself but you were afraid to change.”

-“We are not interested the way we thought we would be interested.”

-“Our days are as grass and our years as a tale that is told, she rightly believed.”

-“Short-lived are both the praiser and the praised, and the rememberer and the remembered: and all this in a nook of this part of the world.” Joy Williams

-"The greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall."  Confucius


 

No comments:

Post a Comment