Friday, June 17, 2016


 

 
--PROMISES ARE THE CURRENCY OF FAITH

 
…Boy, Friday, you sure look stunning.  It’s great to see you again.

…Unproductive weeks are depressing, which starts a cycle, because once you’re bummed you don’t feel like being productive.  The good news is there’s always today.

…But yesterday I learned these things, which made me feel better after having my novel shredded by two judges and after being told by someone, “I hated this story”:

Walt Disney was fired from the Kansas City Star because his editor felt he “lacked imagination and had no good ideas.”

Oprah Winfrey was publicly fired from her first television job as an anchor in Baltimore for getting “too emotionally invested in her stories.”

Steven Spielberg was rejected by the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts multiple times.

In one of Fred Astaire‘s first screen tests, an executive wrote: “Can’t sing. Can’t act. Slightly balding. Can dance a little.”

Vera Wang failed to make the 1968 US Olympic figure-skating team. Then she became an editor at Vogue, but was passed over for the editor-in-chief position.

Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, had his first book rejected by 27 different publishers.

R.H. Macy had a series of failed retail ventures throughout his early career before he finally launched Macy and Co., today known as Macy’s.

…And then there were these comments from friends on Facebook which either made me laugh, or think:

My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60.
Now he’s 97 years old and we have no idea where the hell he is.


"My wife told me sex is better on holiday… that wasn’t a very nice postcard to receive."

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you are donating blood.

A Buddhist monk goes up to a hot dog stand and says to the vendor, “Make me one with everything."

Ugh. Message from a dude: "just a horny old man, interested?" No, please set your balls on fire. Thanks.
 
I bought some new shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day.

Thinking about starting a tumblr called "Awkward Whiteness." Today's entry is my morning at Home Depot where one of the clerks told me, "Jeez! You move just like an Indian! You snuck right up on me." Then he looked at me closely. "You an Indian? I grew up with Indians so I know."

Fun fact: Everyone you know is in pain.



No comments:

Post a Comment