Wednesday, January 6, 2016

 
 
--I’M A BIG BELIEVER IN SECOND CHANCES
 
 
…Yesterday was a good day.  I had three stories and one poem accepted.  Today another story.  That makes 892.
 
…Some days, most days, I feel like the luckiest man on the planet.  If I die tomorrow, it won’t really matter.  I’ve had so much joy (and pain) and incredible experiences and I got to do the thing I love most, which is write fulltime. 
I’m definitely a lucky guy.
 “And then there are times when the wolves are silent and the moon is howling.” George Carlin
 “There are no forbidden questions.  Nothing too sensitive to be probed.” Carl Sagan
 “Saints need sinners.” Allan Watts
 “First thing you learn is you always have to wait.” The Velvet Underground
“What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee.”  Andrew Trollope
 There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can’t fix it you’ve got to stand it. "Brokeback Mountain", Annie Proulx
 “It’s all possible.” Stevie Nicks
 “I like the idea of creating from your inner youth.  You don’t have to think too hard about it.  Just make what feels good.”  Garrett Borns
 “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, ‘thank you,’ that would suffice.” Meister Eckhart
 “Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.” Marie Curie
 “We work to become more of what we are.” Jack Bickham
 “Praise the bridge that carried you over.” George Colman
 “The best way to keep one's word is to not give it up.” Napoleon


No comments:

Post a Comment