Monday, November 23, 2015



--SOMETIMES I LIE WHEN THE TRUTH WOULD SERVE ME BETTER

…There’s a very large corkboard in my office with various portraits (mostly black and whites) pinned to it.  They’re tears from magazines and are the physical embodiments of characters from my last novel.
It’s time to take them down.  I’ve been living with them for the last two years.  I’m sad to see them go, but I’ve got new ones.
 …I had a few stories published in this really racy site:
 …And I had these things published as well:
 …Here are some things I like to start a new week:
 “We are being buried beneath a weight of information that is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.” Tom Waitts
 “We have an obligation to read aloud to our children.  To read them things they enjoy.  To read them stories we are already tired of.  To do the voices, to make it interesting and not stop reading and not stop reading to them simply because they can learn to do it themselves.” Neil Gaiman
 “You think that your pain and heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read.  It was books that taught me the things that the things that tormented me most were the things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive.” James Baldwin
“I don’t know I’d describe what I’m doing leading up to that song as ‘research’,” she says. “For me, it’s more having a hunch and following through on the hunch. Having an almost religious faith in the fact that certain things are connected and I have to lasso them all into the same place. Research: that word feels so cold to me in a way. Because it’s all very compulsive and very emotion-driven.” Joanna Newsome
“There are no perfect writers, just like there is no perfect despair.” Haruki Maurakama


Per aspera ad astra – a rough road leads to the stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment