Saturday, November 14, 2015



--IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT


…So tragic and unspeakable and confounding what happened in Paris yesterday.
A friend posted this on his Facebook page and I couldn’t agree more:
“He who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo. Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic. Nothing is more sublime.”  Victor Hugo

…I’m going to Denver tomorrow through Wednesday for a reading Tuesday where I’ll be with some of my best writer friends.  Oh, and it’s supposed to snow 32 inches Tuesday.  No lie.  Either way, it’ll be a blast, I’m sure.

…Here are some things I like for the weekend, and I hope yours is stellar:
“I wonder what chairs think about all day—‘Oh, here comes another asshole’.” Robin Williams
 “I love to discover the potential in people who aren’t thought to have any.” Oliver Sacks
“Doing what you love is always worth doing.” Barrett Baber
“I am not young enough to know everything.” Oscar Wilde
“She fell in love with her doctor's stethoscope, the way it listened to her heart.” Russell Edson
“Until the lion learns how to write, every story will glorify the hunter.” African Proverb

“This, above all else; to thine own self, be true.” Shakespeare


No comments:

Post a Comment