Monday, August 17, 2015


--I DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE YOU WANTED ME TO SAY TO YOU

…How was your weekend?
I had a very long one, what with another trip to Portland and losing my car key.  Then last night was Dawes at The Showbox.  They were superb, though sadly they did not play “Million Dollar Bill.”  It was my last concert of the year, or at least as far as I know.
Now I’m a bit behind on things, but it’s all good.
…Here are some things to start off a new week:
 “A friend is one who sees through you and still enjoys the view.”  Wilma Askinas
“When you cannot make up your mind which of two evenly balanced courses of action you should take - choose the bolder.”  W.J. Slim
 "I really believe that all of us have a lot of darkness in our souls. Anger, rage, fear, sadness. I don't think that's only reserved for people who have horrible upbringings. I think it really exists and is part of the human condition. I think in the course of your life you figure out ways to deal with that." Kevin Bacon
“Thoughtfulness for others, generosity, modesty and self-respect are the qualities which make a real gentleman or lady.”  Thomas Henry Huxley
“Never mind what others do; do better than yourself, beat your own record from day to day, and you are a success.”  William J. H. Boetcker
“Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.” Elizabeth Asquith Bibesco
“If failure is not an option, then neither is success.”  Seth Godin


“Life without music would be a mistake.” Nietzsche


No comments:

Post a Comment