Wednesday, July 15, 2015


--THINGS HAPPEN.  THAT’S ALL THEY EVERY DO.


…Here’s Wednesday and I’m in a funk for no particular reason.  Funky Wednesday.  That sounds better than it is.
...What witty people said on Facebook last week:

     -I just realized what all my troubles have stemmed from: my life was set in airplane mode.
 -I'm setting the record straight now: I never ate a placenta. I did, however, keep one in the freezer for over a year, just in case.
  -receiving holy messages in public bathrooms is kinda my thing
 -a tiny, old man asked me how my hair got purple like that and I said "I woke up like this" so I won today.
 -Last night at Little Caesar's I saw a dude in a Slipknot shirt telling his little brother that fireworks are illegal and he would go to jail if he shot any. Way to not be metal, bro.
-There is no difference between a toddler and a very, very drunk person. None.
-Every day I ask Siri to tell me if this novel works and every day Siri tells me "I didn't quite get that."
 -When it's about to rain, I like to open all my windows and pee on passersby.
 -The neighbors are using a circular saw. In their bedroom.  WHAT. ?????

…Things I like to pull me out of my funk:
     -Petrichor—The smell of earth after rain
-“It’s not fashionable to love me.” Lana Del Ray
-“I have simply tried to do what seemed best each day, as each day came.”  Abraham Lincoln
-“Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most.” Ozzy Osbourne
-What was hard to bear is sweet to remember.-- Portuguese proverb
-“Either these drapes go, or I do.” Oscar Wilde’s last words
-“Progress in every age results only from the fact that there are some men and women who refuse to believe that what they know to be right cannot be done.”  Russell W. Davenport
-“Art, if it doesn’t start there, at least ends in an attempt to entertain our friends.” W.H.Auden
-“Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.” Percy Bysshe Shelley
-“Three can keep a secret if two are dead.” Ben Franklin
-“There is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” Hamlet
-“I have found that the greatest help in meeting any problem with decency and self-respect and whatever courage is demanded, is to know where you yourself stand.  That is, to have in words what you believe and are acting from.” William Faulkner

-“What is it that turns people into artists?  It often comes from some kind of pain or angst, a need to understand or express something.  It very rarely comes from confidence, being raised by parents who want to hear what you have to say to encourage you.”  Angelina Jolie


No comments:

Post a Comment