Wednesday, July 22, 2015



--SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY, PROMISE BECAME REGRET       


…Busy fun times coming up.
Tonight I’m seeing one of my favorite bands.  These guys:


I’m straight, but I would have Chris Carrabba’s babies.

They're playing with another band I love.  These guys:


Tomorrow night I’m reading a Phinney Books with a couple of friends.  I still haven’t figured out what it is I’m reading, but as soon as I post this I’ll get to work on choosing.

…I was at a reading last night full of hipsters.  The two featured readers wrote a book together; a compilation of all their own favorite tweets that they written over the years.  It felt like a hoax to me, and wasn’t very interesting.  The odd thing was people in the audience were really into it and laughing most of the time.  Maybe it’s a generational thing, though really I think it was a trick.

…Here are some things I like on a gray-coated Wednesday:

“The world is full of nice people.  If you can’t find one, be one.” Nishan Panwar

“Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.”  Henry Ford

“Give me a phrase and I’ll change the world.” Pascal

“Even the wind feels empty.” Kim Barnes

“I am willing to remain and play the man's game if there are not enough boats for more than the women and children.  Tell my wife I played the game straight out and to the end.  No woman shall be left aboard this ship because Ben Guggenheim is a coward.” -- Benjamin Guggenheim, Final words of millionaire traveler aboard the ill-fated Titanic.  As the boat began to sink Guggenheim changed into formal dress and calmly faced death.
 “The influence of each human being on others in this life is a kind of immortality.” John Quincy Adams

"If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" Henry Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment