Wednesday, July 23, 2014




 --YOU DON”T NEED A WEATHERMAN TO KNOW WHICH WAY THE WIND BLOWS

…Hey, Rainy Wednesday, where’d you come from?  That’s okay.  Come on in and dry off.  I’ll cook you up some soup and slice you some bread.

…Here are some things I like on a damp day:

-“To know a truth well, one must have fought it out.” Novalis

-“For me, the movies are like a machine that generates empathy.” Roger Ebert

-“Do not falter or shrink; But just think out your work, And just work out your think.”  Nixon Waterman

-“Yours is not the less noble because no drum beats before you when you go out into your daily battlefields, and no crowds shout about your coming when you return from your daily victory or defeat.” Robert Louis Stevenson

-“Someday, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.”  Phillips Brooks

-“They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.”  Francis Bacon

-“I’m not an alcoholic, I’m Australian.”  Orange is the New Black 

-"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the common place, the slaves of the ordinary." Cecil Beaton

-"People will stare. Make it worth their while." Harry Winston

-"You will never find the best when you are always looking for the worst." Jeffery Benjamin
  
-"Just because we don’t talk, doesn’t mean I don’t think about you. I’m just trying to distance myself because I know I can’t have you." Wiz Kalifa

-"Your girlfriend wants me in her mouth like I’m her dentist." Wiz Kalifa


-"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." Ghandi

No comments:

Post a Comment