Wednesday, July 9, 2014



--EVERYTHING ENDS, EVEN PRISON


,,,Hey, Wednesday, you look awfully good.

…Isn’t the juvenile immigration situation just so sad?  60,000 children have illegally crossed into our country, most of them coming from Honduras or Venezuela.  No matter you political take on the situation, these are children, some five and six years old traveling hundreds of miles in rough terrain.
It make me sad.

…But I’m not sad today.  Even though I’m going to the dentist for the first time in two years, I’m inexplicably glad today.  I hope you are, too.

…Notable Facebook friend comments of late include these?

--binged on zebra cakes. ate a whole box in one sitting. bad move. have to live with it now. also have to live with my farmer's tan.
 --so um someone i barely know just sent me a pic of their butthole
--I like men who save bugs.
 --Dear old lady at the doctor's office wearing a Lakers brooch, too much rouge, and a pair of purple Keds: Today I fell in love with you. Perhaps forever.
 --This morning, a lovely police officer gallantly helped me out of a really awful street harassment incident. And then we got on the Metro and he put in headphones and listened super loud to this shitty R&B song about how some dude collects bitches and how all the bitches want it even if they don't know it. Sigh.

 --I don't always call people stupid, but when I do, it's because it's true.
 --Got some blood taken and they gave me a Garfield band-aid. That's the latest update.

 ,,,And some things I like on a Wednesday include these”
 “Everything in space obeys the laws of physics. If you know these laws and obey them, space will treat you kindly.  And don't tell me that man doesn't belong out there. Man belongs wherever he wants to go; and he'll do plenty well when he gets there.” Wernher von Braun

 “Everyone needs stories.  Everyone needs to escape once in a while.” Luke Bracey 

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible." Lawrence of Arabia

“If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once a week.”- Charles Darwin

"What to know how to say what others only know how to think is what makes men poets or sages; and to dare to say what others only dare to think is what makes men martyrs or reformers -- or both.” Elizabeth Charles

 “What matters is how quickly you do what your soul wants." Rumi

"My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you.  Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success." Helen Hayes

 "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." Einstein



No comments:

Post a Comment