Friday, May 23, 2014



--IT’S MARDI GRAS UP IN THE CLOUDS

 
…I have been moving furniture for the last few days.  I would not want to be a professional mover.  I’d rather be in prison.

…So it’s a holiday weekend and I’ve got nothing on the books.  I always feel like a loser when people say, “What have you got planned for the holiday weekend,” and my answer is, “Well, nothing really.”

…I like food that is bad for me, but after eating it I always feel guilty.

…Deer are my favorite animals.  Two of them sauntered into the front yard facing the lake.  They loped around for a bit, then, without any effort whatsoever, leapt over the neighbor’s fence.

...Here are some things I like on a gray Friday:

“Unless you are remarkably successful, there will always come a moment when you have to ask yourself, ‘What’s the point?  What’s the point of doing this, of continuing?’  And at that moment, and each moment afterward, you have to have an answer bold enough to defeat every negative demon tugging at your sleeve.”

“God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.“  Jewish proverb

“Whatever you do, you need courage.  Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you you are wrong.  There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right.  To map out a course of action and follow it to the end, requires some of the same courage which a soldier needs.  Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men to win them.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back.  That's real glory.  That's the essence of it.”  Vince Lombardi

“Why do we laugh?  If you believe Freud, it’s the same reason we dream: to satisfy unconscious desires that society usually forbids.” Louie CK

“Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” Henry Ford

“Adversity is the trial of principle.  Without it, a man hardly knows whether he is honest or not.”  Henry Fielding
 
“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.”  Robert Frost

"A lot of people...when they're hurting, they turn hard and want to close themselves off and love less....but what about the people who open up even more...want to love even more than before? Those people interest me. Those are my favorite kind of people. God bless those people. That's the kinda person I want to be every day." --Leesa Cross-Smith

“I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, wracked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” Agatha Christie

“Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point.”  Harold B. Melchart

“As long as a person doesn't admit he is defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind and isn't through fighting.”  Darrell Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment