Wednesday, November 20, 2013



--I BURIED MY HEART AND SOUL IN THE FLOORBOARDS OF A SHIPWRECK


…I saw “This Is Forty” the other day.  What a funny film.  I was smiling throughout.  Great acting, a bit vulgar, but totally fun.
I also saw “Blue Valentine” again.  Watching that is like getting your heart shredded by a woodchipper.  Oh my.  Both Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams are amazing, and it makes one wonder what a person has to do to get nominated for an Oscar.

Here are some things I like:

"We all have dreams. And we all get disappointed. We all have heartache and we suffer and work to get through it. It’s just the human condition. ...So I stand here today so proud. I’m so proud of my team and I’m so proud of myself." Diana Nyad, who at age 64 swam 103 miles from Cuba to Florida

"The greatest achievement of the human spirit is to live up to one's opportunities, and to make the most of one's resources." Luc de Clapiers

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible -- and achieve it, generation after generation." Pearl S. Buck

"How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world." Shakespeare

"You're a ghost driving a meat coated skeleton made from stardust, what do you have to be scared of?" William Gibson

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese proverb

"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - We must step up the stairs." Vance

"You write poetry books that maybe 50 people read and you just keep doing your work because you have to. Because it's your calling." -- Patti Smith

"Choice of attention, to pay attention to this and ignore that, is to the inner life what choice of action is to the outer." W. H. Auden


"Life leaps like a geyser for those willing to drill through the rock of inertia." Alexis Carrel

No comments:

Post a Comment