Wednesday, July 31, 2013



--WHERE DID YOU GO?


…How’s your week going?
I haven’t been productive enough and, thus, I’m a little disappointed in myself.

…Last night there were 25 people over at my house.  On Saturday there will be another 25.  I guess that means it’s summer on the lake.

…I got one agent rejection already.  I’m aiming for 100.

…My favorite animals are giraffes.  Next would be deer.  They’re so graceful and lithe. 
How about you?

…I saw this little news feature and thought it was kind of cute:



They said it wouldn't work but after a lifetime together, Helen and Les Brown proved everyone wrong.

The California couple and high school sweethearts, who were both born on the same day and celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary this year, died one day apart: Helen passed away on July 16, and Les died the next day. They were 94.

"It was a real love match, wasn't it?" their oldest son, Les Jr., said.  They were together every day for 75 years."

The Long Beach lovebirds eloped on Sept. 19, 1937, and were married against their own parents' wishes, according to their sons. Helen was from a working-class family, while Les was from a wealthier one. Both sides believed the love would never last, but the two embodied the meaning of their wedding vows "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

No comments:

Post a Comment