Wednesday, July 17, 2013



--WHERE DID ALL THE PEOPLE GO?


…I ran eight miles outside this morning.  It feels good to sweat.

…This came to my inbox this am:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt
It’s a little bit corny, but I like it and I think it’s true.

…The hardest part about having a puppy is when you’re right in the middle of writing a tense scene and your pup decides it needs to go to bathroom, and does so on your carpet, without warning.
Otherwise, puppies are wonderful.

…Just thought I'd mention that Adam Sandler's "Grown Ups 2" was the second highest grossing movie last week. 
7% of critics rated it favorably, while 90% of audiences did.
The last movie I saw was “Moonrise Kingdom,” a real gem.  Truly.

…It’s great to read a really fantastic book.  It’s a little sad to know I’ll never be able to write as good as the author of that book, especially Tim O’Brien, whose “If I Die In A Combat Zone” I’m parceling out over a long period.

…Magazines are sure getting thin nowadays—Esquire, Rolling Stone, Men’s Health…  I wonder how many will still be around in three years.

Here are some random things I recently learned:

…71% of American barbecue on the 4th of July

…54% of women aged 18-25 said they would rather get hit by a truck than be fat.

…67% of all Americans want to lose weight, and on average they want to lose 42 pounds

…42% of all children aged 4 to 11 years have a detectable level of blood continine, an indicator of exposure to secondhand smoke.

…Binge drinking (five or more alcoholic beverages in a row in the past two weeks) rose to 24% for 12th graders.

…Oprah made $77 million last year.
Madonna made $125 million
Beyonce, $53


No comments:

Post a Comment