Saturday, January 5, 2013


--YOU’VE NEVER LOOKED BETTER

…Blogspot did something, changed something, and now it’s not letting me post photos.
That’s a tad frustrating.
I’ve been trying to figure out a work around, but so far I haven’t been successful.

…Anyway, what I wanted to say is that lately I have been a little negative lately and I’m going to try to be more aware of what I think and what I say before I say it.
I don’t like negative people and I sure as hell don’t want to be one.
I’ll be better, you’ll see.

…Today I’m going to see “Zero Dark Thirty.”  I think it’s going to be terrific.  That should about do it, as far as seeing Oscar-nominated films, unless “The Impossible” or “Beasts of The Southern Wild” get a tilt.

…Next week I’m going to see “The Book of Mormon.”  A friend gave me tickets.  I’m not thrilled, but have the feeling it will be great and that I’ll be glad I went afterwards.

…I hope you are having a fantastic weekend.

…Here are some things I like:

"Art is the noblest human efforts: to construct, and to refrain from destruction." Evelyn Waugh

"Don't bother about genius. Don't worry about being clever. Trust to hard work, perseverance and determination." Frederick Treves

"Judge people by their questions rather than by their answers." Voltaire

"A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it." Dōgen Kigen

"He could catch a songbird with his hands and break its heart with his thumb. With the animals in traps, the ones with the fancy coats, he wouldn't shoot them and muddle their coats. He'd stomp on their hearts with the heel of his boot. He'd always know where its heart was and he'd stomp it there. It would never seem too painful. It would just break the creature's heart." -Joy Williams

"It's counter-intuitive but qualities that make you likable and popular in real life - good looks, wild success, happy marriage, lovely home, healthy confidence - will make a reader despise you. The more of a wreck you are from the start, the more the audience is hooked." Susan Shapiro

"The last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." Victor Frankl

"All big things in this world are done by people who are naive and have an idea that is obviously impossible." Dr. Frank Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment