Tuesday, January 22, 2013




--I HOPE YOU KNOW WHAT A WONDERFUL PERSON YOU ARE

…How was your holiday weekend?  Was it eventful?
I laughed a lot and played games and watched some good television.
Did you see the inaugural?  It was a little silly how long the coverage went.  Did we really need to watch a limo going 3 miles per hour trundle down the street for an hour and a half?  I don’t think so.

…Tomorrow is Tuesday, a new, shortened week.  I’m excited. 
Are you?
…‎"We tell ourselves stories in order to live. The princess is caged in the consulate. The man with the candy will lead the children into the sea. The naked woman on the ledge outside the window on the sixteenth floor is a victim of accident, or the naked woman is an exhibitionist, and it would be 'interesting' to know which. We tell ourselves that it makes some difference whether the naked woman is... about to commit a mortal sin or is about to register a political protest or is about to be, the Aristophanic view, snatched back to the human condition by the fireman in priest's clothing just visible in the window behind her, the one smiling at the telephoto lens. We look for the sermon in the suicide, for the social or moral lesson in the murder of five. We interpret what we see, select the most workable of the multiple choices. We live entirely, especially if we are writers, by the imposition of a narrative line upon disparate images, by the 'ideas' with which we have learned to freeze the shifting phatasmagoria which is our actual experience." - Joan Didion, "The White Album"

"Literature and butterflies are the two sweetest passions known to man." Nabokov

"If I read a book and it makes my body so cold that no fire can ever warm me body, I know it's poetry." Emily Dickinson

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are... Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return." Mary Jean Iron

"When we accept tough jobs as a challenge to our ability and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen." Arland Gilbert

"I am an artist. I am here to live out loud." Emile Zola

"If you have made mistakes...there is always another chance for you...you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford

“The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters.”
― Tom Robbins

"All words are fingers pointing toward the moon." Rumi

"Prayer means that, in some unique way, we believe we're invited into a relationship with someone how hears us when we speak in silence." Anne Lamott

"Prayer is taking a chance that against all odds and past history, we are loved and chosen, and do not have to get it together before we show up." Anne Lamott

"Even mushrooms respond to light." Anne Lamott

"What is remembered is what becomes reality." Patricia Hampl

No comments:

Post a Comment