Thursday, January 5, 2012


--WELL, NOW, AREN'T YOU THE ARTICULATE ONE?


…I’ve got my mojo back.
Yesterday I wrote four stories in a burst of two hours. The last one needs some tinkering, but I really liked the other three, plus one got accepted that afternoon.

…I started reading “Oh Baby” by Kim Chinquee again. She’s astonishing. Each piece is so perfectly and beautifully truncated. The stories might only be a paragraph long and yet they never leave the reader wanting more. There’s a certain melancholy honesty in her writing. I’m a huge fan and have been. She was one of my first inspirations for writing flash.
Kim also has another collection called, "Pretty."

…I wrapped up season 5 of “Dexter.” Do you watch it?
The supporting story lines are a lot more intriguing than the main one. They may have jumped the shark with the Doomsday Killer.

…I wish more people would go see “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” It’s so well done. I’ll be very sad if they don’t make the other two films.

…This morning I ran to Temper Trap. It’s quite good. You should give them a listen.

…I saw this and liked it:
“You will always having to be getting up from your chairs.
To move on to other heartbreaks, be caught in other snares.” John Ashbery, “Some Words”

No comments:

Post a Comment