Saturday, January 15, 2011

...I am still in Hawaii, back on Monday when I will do a better job of keeping current on this blog.

...For now I will say I having a great time. I've got about 50 new story ideas and my novel outlines are shaping up. I'm reading terrific books. One is, "I Hate To See That Evening Sun Go Down" by William Gay. It's a story collection, and oh boy, what a collection.

Here's an excerpt: "Sometimes in life you go through doors that only open one way. You can stand before them and think about whether you want to go through them or not. But when you do and the door closes behind you there is no way to go back. The door is featureless and unknobbed and smooth as a sheet of glass. You can pound on it and claw till you fingers are bleeding, scream until your throat is raw, but no one will open the door, no one will even hear you."

No comments:

Post a Comment