Friday, April 19, 2024


 

—MARY BOONE, MARY BOONE, I’M ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON 

 

 https://nailpolishstories.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR05FtEwM9vsJVfyvjjxy6NY5Gf3fRQWC1h71-2lJmt2B9BmNLHz9QoZcxs_aem_AdlGodweYczWAa9nchPemrN2nKKGJYUy91g_2u6-KF2UXIvFk9lEqI5Wleaz_8VaybRMjKWeRFG2pa7NE8PSv7RO

 

…Now might be a good time to turn on the lights.

 

…Hey, Friday, I’m glad we made up. Let’s be teenagers, kiss and hug, and not talk a bit about it.

 

…Maybe happiness is just a fuge state of mind.

 

…I haven’t written this much in 40 years, or like, for forever.

 

…Death could be a prompt. At least, then it’s good for something other than misery.

 

…My life feels like a heart monitor with the sound turned off.

 

…You have to realize that I just vent here. I’m otherwise, generally, a hopeful person.

 

…You can do what you’re doing, but I’m just going to watch the dogs leap into the water.

 

…I don’t begrudge anyone making money, but there’s something wrong with this: “Netflix’s Ted Sarandos 2023 Pay Dips to $49.8 million.” And this: “Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav’s 2023 Compensation Rises 23% to Nearly $50 Million.”

 

…I’ve seen the Ant-Christ, and I recognize his slouch.

 

There’s nothing you could do to make me love you less.

 

…All of those fancy jackets, hanging in the hall like Senators, they mean nothing at all. 

 

…You think of your closet friends, when you’re caught in a tight space, but some of those cervices, well, dude, you’re never getting out of that jam no matter how hard you struggle.

 

…One of my best friends is a juggler. He takes it seriously and, by all accounts, is accomplished.  I wish I could catch half of the things he does.

 

…Sometimes, if you’re brave enough, you share your writing with others, not wanting any feedback, necessarily. But if it scared them, well, maybe you’ve dug into the right place.

 

...Pleasure is such an obscure word. Could you explain it to me?

 

…It’s really good to have a place to hang your head, even if it’s on the tracks, or on a platter.

 

…Isn’t sadness a form of beauty, too?

 

...If you’re looking for answers here, well, Good luck, Chuck.

 

…I think I’m almost through with it. Of course, I’ve said that a thousand times already, haven’t I? 

 

…Just hug the ones you love, even if you have no words at the time.

 

…One of these days I’ll write a happy ending and it’ll be a joke that no one gets.

 

…II suppose that guy in camo paddling down the lake right now has something profound to teach me. I sure hope so.

 

…I’ve edited the F*#@+ out of this post.

 

…Anyway, let’s all have a fabulous weekend, what do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment