Wednesday, March 13, 2024


 

—EXCUSE ME, BUT CAN I BE YOU FOR A WHILE?

  

 

…“Here, let me help. You seem a little unstable.”

 

…If it seems like you’re bitching a little bit, it means you’re bitching.

 

…I’m dying out, but the flowers sure look pretty.

 

…If you watched CNN and played a drinking game where you had to have a shot every time the name “Donald Trump” was said, you’d be blackout drunk within three minutes.

 

…I need somebody to help me, and not necessarily 911.

 

…“Watch the water roll around the drain.”

 

…I’m definitely getting older. Now when I open up “People” magazine I scarcely know any of the people in it. 

 

…It’s pretty strange, and unsettling, to have a white van parked in your driveway and not know who it belongs to.

 

…I could probably play, “Life in a Northern Town” on repeat and never tire of it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXnulANF8g&list=RD5UXnulANF8g&start_radio=1

 

 “I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.” Jim Morrison

 

…Getting too many vowels at once, or too many consonants—that’s the worst.  

 

…Just let me play, and when I’m done, I’ll be done. 

 

...I need more books like I need more ailments, or troubles.

 

…Poor Eric Carmen. I miss him already.

 

…“Why does something have to mean anything?” That’s a statement I think about a lot.

 

…I gave it a good go while I could.

 

...She’s so much stronger than me, but then that’s not surprising.

 

…Time for a nap. Have I ever said how much I love learning to nap? 

 

…It’s easy to let the gray rain scour you, but you have to embrace it, and look for the beauty in it.

 

…Sometimes a hug from someone you love, or care about deeply, is the only thing you need to keep going. 

 

…If these walls would just say something, anything at all, it would make a big difference.

 

…Dogs don’t act like they have a worry in the world, and I’m happy about that.

 

School’s out for summer. School’s out forever.

 

…I remember in grade school how if you acted up, or were perceived to have acted up, you got sent to the Principal’s office. He had a paddle there, and he used it vigorously.

 

…Pick your poison, but stick with your pick, otherwise you’ll end up a hypocritical dick.

 

…So much glass, so many waves.

 

…I think I might need a replacement.

 

…What a jerk you have to be to complain about all of this, any of this.

 

…Maybe yoga’s the answer.

 

…I had some really vivid, and horrible dreams last night. I wouldn’t share them with anyone, not even a therapist.

 

…You can’t help what you dream, can you? I mean, it’s not your fault, is it?

 

…I have a lot of conversations with a therapist I no longer see, and it’s okay that he never answers back.

 

…Someone recently told me that there are no flat mirrors, and they’re probably right.

 

…Coffee sounds good, but my hands don’t think so.

 

….You know things are dicey when a Styptic Pencil becomes as important as vitamins.

 

…If I never have another piece published, I’m okay with that, which is something, the younger me, would never have said. 

 

…Poor Stevie Nicks, waving her tail around, always left out of the fun.

 

…Why do I always feel worst after good things happen?

 

Into your restless arms

No comments:

Post a Comment