Monday, January 1, 2024


—I WANNA STAND UP, I WANNA LET GO

 

 

…Happy New Year. Here’s wishing you the best one ever.

 

…You forgot to tell me your resolutions.

 

…It’s a terrible thing, to be left wanting. But there are worse things, I know.

 

…I have more doubts than I’d like to admit.

 

…You are, in the truest sense, unlike any other.

 

…Those were different times, man.

 

…It’s important to be able to trust people, and well, when you can’t, run.

 

…Those little poems, when you read them, might just be the ones that save your life.

 

…Sometimes doing the right thing is all about making hard choices fast.

 

…Looking back hasn’t always been easy.

 

I hope you’re happy now.

 

…I think I can finally see through it for what it was.

 

…“I never thought about my own anguish. I just thought about the people in my life who would still want me in theirs.” Jeremy Renner, on his near-death recovery. 

 

…No matter what it is that you’re going through right now, we’ve all been there, one way or another. That doesn’t make it any better, but it should make it less lonely and pitiful.

 

…Sometimes you can’t find the thing you’re looking for no matter how hard you look.

 

…I wonder how many times CNN says the name Donald Trump each day? Has to be several hundred, if not a thousand.

 

…Anderson Cooper is somewhat handsome but if he was any paler, he’d be a cadaver. 

 

…“I looked like a lesbian toddler back then.” Andy Cohen

 

…I could use some company right now.

 

…Confidence is rarely associated with accuracy. 

 

…You hear your kid playing an instrument—guitar or piano—and there’s nothing better.

 

…I glance at my hands now, and man, they look old.

 

…You have to believe in something, and you should probably start with yourself.

 

…The world gives us such gifts.

 

…You don’t need to paint every detail, just the important ones.

 

…I’m sorry that I acted so weird. I was trying so hard to act normal that it backfired.

 

…Even a monsoon can feel good, if you’re open to it.

 

…Seems so weird without you. Like unnatural. 

 

…Pretty sure next year is going to be even better, despite everything.

 

…“I may or may not be…”

 

…It’s hard not to comment when you care.

 

…Sometimes a 16-year-old can make you feel young again, and sometimes not.

 

…It’s mystifying how anyone can write a book longer that 600 pages.

 

…The best reunion is where you don’t remember anybody.

 

…If you can create common language with someone, undiscernible from everyone else, that’s pretty damn special.

 

...My whole life story is here, hidden in the glyphs and subterfuge.

 

…One of these days, I’m pretty sure I’m going to topple over, and that will be it for me.

 

…This is pretty precious, and uplifting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h82Wevk11s

 

…Feels like it’s getting earlier and earlier, rather than later.

 

…Knowing you, most often, felt like not knowing the sun.

 

…The moon, however, is a different story.

 

…“Listen to silence. It has so much to say.” Rumi

 

… I can’t just sit here in the dark forever, can I?

 

…At some point, you have to get those tail lights fixed.

 

...I’ll do it better next time, I swear.

 

…Tell me if I’m wrong, but I think it’s going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment