Friday, January 27, 2023


 —ONE MORE SONG ABOUT MOVING ALONG THE HIGHWAY

 

 

Wisdom, from Yellowstone

 

 

Grief isn’t meant to be shared.

 

I want a place with no memories, one that won’t ask me what happened.

 

When I said there’s no proof of my existence, I meant it.

 

You can’t wash lonely off, so I surrender to it.

 

If it doesn’t make you cry too watch your family fade away, you probably shouldn’t have one.

 

You’ll get exactly what you give.

 

Yeah, well, you’re worth the risk.

 

--I think about today and tomorrow. I don’t think about yesterday.

--Yeah? Well, yesterday is what eats me alive. 

 

I don’t like to share things. You know what I mean?

 

That’s why you’re mean, because nobody knows, because you keep it inside.

 

If it wasn’t perfect, it was damn close.

 

I worry about you, about your life and my place in it.

 

Nobody knows if you won or if you lost. It’s just art. But you’ve got to love doing it, all the way to your balls, otherwise it’s Hell on earth.

 

We’re looking for something, but you won’t tell me what.

 

This fucking day.

 

Is there a crisis manager on my team by chance?

 

I know how you feel. I wish I didn’t, but I do. 

 

--Have you been here before?

--I’ve never been anywhere before.

 

We’ve fallen into this pattern where, when we wake up, you’re off to work but I’m ready to fuck.

 

I’m not starting this day sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment