Monday, November 8, 2021


 
—TRUTH IS A VERY LOADED WORD

 

 

In Case You’re Wondering

  

I’m busy scrubbing 

clouds right now

way the fuck up here 

and I still can’t find a 

vocabulary or proper 

verdict for what you did, 

or who you really are 

Can you?

 

In case you’re wondering 

I’m in 7A 

skull-fucked to a 

Boeing window 

sucking on a sour vein

that tastes too familiar 

hoping to bleed out 

without gushing on my 

seatmate’s cashmere vest

 

But, hey, what’s a “vein” again?

What’s “assassination” or 

“authentic” again?

Sorry, I forget, 

and you seem to be 

the only one with 

all the answers

If you could inform me

one last time 

that would be the kindest 

act you’ve ever performed

 

And, anyway, just 

trust (ha) that I’ll be 

sure to let everyone know 

how magnanimous 

you were in the end, 

life-saver and hero 

of the story, 

same as every fiction 

ever written 

especially the clever ones 

you craft in the raped shade 

while smirking sagely

sucking down all my marrow 

sluice by bloody sluice


No comments:

Post a Comment