Friday, October 16, 2020

 


—THIS IS THE CLOSEST THING TO CRAZY I HAVE EVER BEEN

 

 

have you seen me

 

when you

called off

the search

the flowers

uprooted or

hung themselves

threw their ratty

luggage on the yard

and thumbed it

out of town

while the sky went

a hideous shade

of brown

left me dizzy as hell

all I hear now

is the rusty clatter

of that warped key

and broken bell

and the days slog on

a lot like hell

even death looks

a little lazy

doing its killing

after dark

camouflaged by infection

and fire smoke

all hazy

and it’s okay I’m just

feeling a little placid

can’t seem to

stomach the rancid

can’t even make it to noon

which is pretty soon

time to drink

I’d rather feel

than think        

thoughts have been

my enemy

like those three peaks

in Albuquerque

where nothing gets decided

and every desire

is unavailable

not meant to

be acquired

but I’m still

studying the facts

printed out like a vert

on the milk carton back

degenerate and desperate

imploring the reader

HAVE YOU SEEN ME

HAVE YOU SEEN ME

HAVE YOU?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment