Wednesday, October 7, 2020

 

—AND ALL OF THE OTHERS CANCEL OUT EACH OTHER AND IT’S ALWAYS YOU LEFT

 

 

Couldn’t Care Less

 

thought I was

doing so well

but I’m still

swimming in circles

can’t out-churn the sharks

or turn down these voices

squirming in my head

might be better off dead

and yes I do

remember precisely

what was said

don’t say that

  you said

don’t say that

  I said

don’t say don’t

  we both said

still the desolate water

keeps on lapping

spiders on the panes

are knitting their breath

with eight pinched feet-fingers

looks like a question

without an answer

now that’s symbolism

that can’t pull the trigger

and isn’t that how it goes

the gullible undertow

how I whisper

come and pull me down

pull me under

I’m only floating

here for you

thought I was hanging okay

but then I saw the way

I demolished each day

like a glutton

shit leaking outta

his eyes and ears

oh did you hear

(...) passed yeah

and the world’s

burning up fast

I can smell the

smoke on your

left lash

chalky gray-black ash taste

and I can’t smell a thing

which can only mean

that wave’s got

my name on it

and I’ll own it

and I’m actually

okay with it

No comments:

Post a Comment