Wednesday, June 24, 2020




—I’VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH THE CONTROL CENTER IN MY OWN HEAD


…Hey hi.  How are you?  I hope the sun is shining where you are, and that you’re safe and surrounded by wonderful things.
I’ve had a string of better days (7’s), but today doesn’t feel like one of them. Too much anxiety crushing my chest. It’s a little difficult to breathe. But yesterday I saw Pete the eagle three times. I saw a bunny and a squirrel, and I also saw a butterfly—all good luck signs.

…I wrote a lot, or what’s considered “a lot” for me these days. I’ll post them down the road…

…I have really been into music of late, which is saying something, since music has always been one of my biggest passions. Particularly, I’ve been into female songwriters. After the first 26 seconds of distortion, this has to be one of the greatest songs ever:


This is also another gem by Phoebe:


I love this for so many reasons:


Orla is my latest obsession, and this video is a masterpiece, albeit heartbreaking:


I could share almost all of her songs, but here are just a few more:





…Both of my kids have been to CHOP in Capitol Hill.  I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Nonetheless, my son took his journal with him and asked random people there to share their definition of love.  The responses were quite different from the last time he did this, but their answers were still pretty interesting, or at least they are to me:

LOVE IS…

Radiating, heart-bursting, unconditional, heavy, confusing, messy, me, you, us. - Nat

Love is forgiveness. It cannot exist alongside guilt. – Cassandra

Love is understanding.

Love is seeing someone for how they truly are and showing up with compassion for them wherever they are. – Bec

The end goal of love is happiness. – Don

Love is a deep breath. – B.

Love is the outcome of growth.

Love is neuro-chemical con job. – Shawn

Love is not words you say, but rather the things you do. - Frankie

So, as a person who says “I love you” to everyone (I love you, Reader!) love is a method of affirmation for me. Like, I hear you, I appreciate you, I’m listening. Love is the easiest way to tell someone, “You’re valid.” – David

Love is brave vulnerability.

Love is God and oxytocin.

Love is the answer, as long as it’s true. – DeNaro

Choosing the highest good for someone else. – Diego

Love is the connection we have with everything around us. Clarissa

To me, love is the key to having a world where everyone feels accepted and safe. – Sam

Love is about recognizing the inherent beauty and worth in every person and acting on that beauty and worth. – W.D.

Love is highly abused with seven different technical applications.

Love is unconditional acceptance and trust.

Love is sacrifice. Love is worry. Love is putting people before yourself.

Do unto others as you would have done to you. – Eric

Freedom is love. – Cody

Love means fucking love. For all humans. All spirits.

Love is God. God is love. – Ronny

Love is a process. – Karim

Love is as simple as putting someone’s life before your own. – Miguel

Love is family – Marina

A feeling you can’t shake, like me and my father. – Quinloo

Love is more than the antithesis of hate Love is action. Love is acceptance. – S.R.

Love is caring for all living things and having empathy. – E.B.

Love is allowing someone you love to grow so they can be human. – Alisha

You are love.  Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment