Friday, October 5, 2018





—IT’S NOT LIKE ANYONE ELSE’S, NOT AT ALL


…I love the spunkiness of this song, and wish I could feel that way:

…Spontaneity works until it doesn’t work, and then you’re stuck.

…Maybe I think too much, but I’m crawling in my skin, so what else is there?

…Aren’t you tired of trying to fill that void?  I know I am.

…I’m on a wheel of fortune with a twist of fate.

…But maybe instead, I’m off the deep end, diving in with my eyes wide open.

…There’s a taste in my mouth, but it’s no taste at all. 

…Everything was a gamble back then.  Everything maybe still is.  How crazy is that?

…Most times, I just let God do what he does.  I don’t over-think it, otherwise it sounds too Star Wars, too heeby-geeby, too make-believe.  But I still believe.

I don’t mind if you don’t mind, because I don’t shine if you don’t shine.

…I read a brief excerpt of “The Four Agreements.”  Have you read it?  First is: Be impeccable with your word.  Second is:  Don’t take anything personal.  Third: Don’t make assumptions.  Fourth:  Always do your best.  Guess which one is the hardest for me.

…Sometimes I think you could see things coming that I couldn’t.  And I don’t mean you were clairvoyant.  You just simply saw more clearly.

…Let’s admit it, today doesn’t owe us anything. 

…It’s more important to fill a mouth with what can be chewed because the mouth is sometimes a liar.

…Sometimes being invisible is the best secret on earth, the most wonderful gift anyone could ever give you.

…Everyone wants a promise.  Why wouldn’t they?

…It’s a great moment, with the stars looking down on you while you’re looking up at them, and you both realize how lucky you are, the stars and you.

I just can’t look, it’s killing me…

…I think we would all become confused eventually if we didn’t die.

…But happiness, wanting to be happy, is the most natural thing of all, isn’t it?

…Apparently the number of people reading poetry is up a whopping 76% since 2012.  That’s really good news on one front, even though people reading fiction since 2012 dropped from 45% to 42%.

…I watched the eagle drop down and catch fish after fish in the lake last night.  I was happy for him, and yet I felt terrible for the fish.  Story of my life.

…As with anything, the dose makes the poison.



No comments:

Post a Comment