Saturday, December 9, 2017




 
—SO MUCH WASTED TIME


…Sometimes it chooses you instead of the other way around.

...Why does anyone say Gone for good unless they mean it as a good thing?

…Mom and Dad were a closed system, busy with each other.  We, their kids, were their living conversation.  So there’s that.

…We used to ignore birthdays in our family.  My mother said they were bad luck.

…I’ve overcome my dread of my birthday.  I think birthdays are good things and that it’s important to acknowledge and celebrate them.  However, I think celebrating anniversaries is more important, and not just wedding anniversaries.  Anniversaries represent milestones.  If you’ve got one coming up, I hope you celebrate big time, and, oh yeah, Happy Anniversary.

…How do we even talk about that, the loss of something so special and important?

…All around me people are working hard to meet their obligations.

…People are mysterious.  Like how do you sit on an airplane with nothing to read, nothing to do?  How do you just sit there for three hours?

…If you let me, I can be your human shield.

…Physical evidence cannot be intimidated.

…Here’s what was said: “You’re a shy one, aren’t you?”

…Here’s what was also said:  “You keep saying you’re broken, but maybe you’re broken because you say you are, because you think it.”

…If you can’t move past it, push the boulder away from the grave, it’s bad news for everyone involved, not just you.

…Sometimes it’s hard to put up with people who are always Pink Clouding.  Sometimes you want them back feeling the way you feel.

…Some people try to turn you into the show they want to see.

…A year is more than just a unit of time.  It’s about all the people you spend that time with.

…It’s not exactly an emergency, loneliness that is, but it’s worth having it checked out.

…I feel the need to stay neutral yet engaged, sort of like Switzerland.

…Whatever you do in life, whatever age you are, it doesn’t matter if you think it doesn’t.

…Ricochet, go ahead and fire.

…Yes, I know my fingers are thin and soft, but I’ll still hold on tight.  I will.  I promise.

…It’s easy to confuse who someone is with what they do.

…Here’s what I try to tell myself: Even when things are going wrong, it still seems like everything will be okay.

…Sometimes I just need to get out of my own way.

…If you keep drinking there’s never a hangover.

…The difference between a connoisseur and a wino?  The connoisseur takes it out of the bag.

…If I can’t tell you, then who can I tell?

…Again, don’t try to make any sense of it.

…That’s all I can say.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment