Tuesday, December 1, 2015



--I HAVE TO TRUST SOMEONE AND IT MIGHT AS WELL BE YOU

  

The Sweater

I am the black
Sweater
You left behind
On the love seat
Love no longer an option

My yarn is tight
Fine Egyptian cotton
Mercerized
Top stitched and fully-fashioned.
Your skin
It used to sit or swish
Inside of me
Against my limbs and lengths
My sleeves and being

You took me places
Folded me
Kept me clean
Now I am a heap of yarn
Dead threads
Smelling of your perfume
But mostly
Reeking rust and
Regret




Recluse

The water hums
White and chalky like a mummy
Needing to strangle or smother someone,
Maybe you.
Butterscotch sun is a bored voyeur.
Eagles shop for fish or a dense duckling.
The wounded are all out for a swim
But you know better,
Or think you do.
Glass and beams separate
The outside air the earth the real world.
Inside you’ve designed another planet.
With a regal crown
While wearing your bathroom gown
You suck down dust and plankton
Diaphanous food.
Your lips twist, burning like an oven coil.
All this ugliness suits you.
God is the boy with the sharp sixth grade kiss.
Dancing is for fools.
Scent of cauliflower and death
Wear shadows on the wall
And no one would have it any other way
Least of all you.







No comments:

Post a Comment