Saturday, September 26, 2015



--YOU’RE BETTER OFF OVER HERE


…Hey, it’s Saturday and the sun is doing its best to break through the clouds.  I can see the edge of its smile.  Can you?

…I finished “Narcos” last night.  What a great series, though the final episode could have been a bit fuller.  Afterward I watched some old news coverage of Pablo Escobar and the President of Columbia.  It’s amazing how realistic the show was.
Then I started the latest season of “Orange Is The New Black” and it was not very good.  Hopefully things turn around.

…A writer friend on Facebook posted five ways to make a reading better.  This was my favorite:

Take Drugs. Yummy, yummy drugs! Pop a Xanax. Down St. John’s wort. Throw back a Prozac. A lot of people will tell you that you can do things naturally, and drugs only give you false confidence. Those people want you to fail. Drugs are science! And I don’t know about you, but I’d feel pretty dumb if I turned my back on science. So get more loaded than a Palin family barbecue.

…Here are a few things I like on a weekend:

"I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that is has grown by creatively responding to failure." Glenn Seaborg

“Do what you can where you are with what you've got.” Theodore Roosevelt
"One doesn't accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity." Bruce Lee
  
“This life we have is short, so let us leave a mark for people to
remember.” -- Kip Keino (1940) Kenyan Olympic Gold Medalist in Track, explaining why he adopted and educated 69 orphan children.

“She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see except standing there on the balcony landing, holding the universe together.” J.D. Salinger“Words are all we have.” Samuel Beckett


“There is a time to fight, and a time to be clever.” Pablo Escobar



No comments:

Post a Comment