Monday, June 15, 2015



--I’M LISTENING TO ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS RIGHT NOW



…There are no boats on the lake now, but at one point yesterday I counted sixteen.  Funny the difference a day makes.

…Here are some things people said on Facebook last week that I found interesting for whatever reason:


-If facebook gave us a "who gives a shit?" button next to the "like" would any of us have friends at all?
-My child is an excellent conversationalist, if the topic is pooping, peeing, farting, Halloween, breasts, or unicorns.
-Seven-year-old Henry this morning: "Whenever I wake up in the morning, I feel like an old man."
-I know this newborn baby thing is supposed to be hard and it is, but honestly, writing a book is much harder.
-Somebody in our household is hellbent on soiling every garment they own. For once, it's not me.
-i just saw a man dressed so poorly that for a brief second i believed in the devil
-"Walk softly and carry a resting bitchface."
-At the end of your life, you will look back and say, "I thought there'd be more pizza."
-Over the thirteen years I've been in Seattle I have lived in seven different places, but maybe I've finally found home now that I live next door to a grandma who says "motherfucker" in casual conversation.
-Hey high school guys in your bubba truck, when a woman with a baby asks you to please move because you parked too close to her car for her to get her baby into her seat and you just laugh and roll up the window, she's probably going to turn your bubba self in
-If you don't have anything nice to say, post it on social media.
-Have you ever been weird?

…And here are some things I like to start a new week:

-“A man is what he wills himself to be.” Jean-Paul Sarte
-“Be silly, be honest, be kind.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
-“It is good to dream, but it is better to dream and work.  Faith is mighty, but action with faith is mightier.”  Thomas Robert Gaines
-“That’s the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.” John Green
-“A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.”   English proverb
-“No obstacles fell in his way that seemed to him insurmountable. He might be defeated, as he sometimes was, but he shrank from no hardship through impatience, he fled from no danger through cowardice.”  J. P. Morgan writing about Napoleon Bonaparte

-“Love wins.” Rob Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment