Friday, June 26, 2015



--ABANDON YOUR EXPERIMENTS

…It’s my birthday today and I don’t feel any different other than I am a bit stuffed up with allergies.
Birthdays were never a big deal when I was a kid.  Maybe it was because we didn’t have any money.  I actually don’t ever remember getting a birthday present from my parents.
I used to hate my birthday.  Then I only sort of disliked it.  Now I’m fine with it, but I’m not really excited like some people are.
I think I used to fear the idea of getting older, of aging.  And that was back when I was young.
Over half my life has passed.  If I died tomorrow, that would actually be okay.  I’ve had a spectacular life.  I’m one of the luckiest people I know and despite what anybody might think, I don’t take it for granted.
I saw this in a magazine the other day:
“With focus, we found wonder in the ordinary, fascination in the familiar.” 
I like that a lot.  It sort of encapsulates living a full life, with awareness.
I want to be that way as much as possible.
Here are some other things I like at the start of the weekend:
 - “As soon as you judge yourself through others, you’re fucked, especially in this game.  A long time ago, I stopped apologizing for not just wanting to an actor and having massive Hollywood hits.”  Benn Northover
 -“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”  Eleanor Roosevelt
 - “You miss things when you drive fast.” Chris Cloud
 -“True self-knowledge is a shifty sonofabitch.” Kristen Young

-“If you can dream it you can do it.” Walt Disney


No comments:

Post a Comment