Monday, April 20, 2015



--ONE THING IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER


...Early morning on the lake is my favorite time, over than dusk.
Right now there’s not a single thing on the surface—no boats or geese or ducks.  The water is almost perfectly flat, but in certain spots it’s rippled so that when you look at the trees reflected there it’s a bit like having a floaty stuck on your eye, blurry, but where you’re still able to see through it.

On the window to my left is an oatmeal-colored spider with its legs drawn up inside itself.  It’s big, the size of a dime.  On the lake there are lots of spiders and like anything that’s plentiful in your life, you just get used to dealing with them.

I can’t remember the last time I went skipping dipping.  I can recall a time, but I don’t know if that was the last time.

I often forget how old I am.  I meet people my own age and they seem so much older than me.  It’s not an ego thing.  I just always think of myself as twenty years younger than I am when I’m not that at all.
Do you do that?  Does everyone?

I just finished doing an interview for a book reviewer.  It’s difficult not sounding pompous and full of shit when you’re talking about yourself.  I sort of hate it.

I am going to run today, not too far, but I want to feel the sun.  I want to sweat out the toxins.

Sometimes when I hear/see a story on the news, say about something Isis has done, it seems unreal.  It’s hard to fathom there can be such evil in the world.

Puppies are a good escape from evil and the world.  Dogs, too.  Lucy loves the sun and she’ll find any swath of sunlight in my office, plop down on it as if she’s fainted, and konk out.  Yesterday she was laying there, her eyes barely open, staring up at me.  It was precious.

I’ve never read “The Diary of Anne Frank.”  Have you?  I should probably get it.

I once read an article with Denise Richards where she said, when asked, that the most romantic thing anyone could say to her is, “I miss you.”  At the time I thought that was really stupid.  Now I think it borders on profound.

I wish I wasn’t so judgmental.  I keep working on it, but I’m not sure how much progress I’m making.

I’d like to know more about Marilyn Monroe.  She seemed pretty fascinating.  Every time I see a quote of hers, it’s something interesting.  This is one I saw yesterday:
“Smile, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” Marilyn Monroe

It’s time to skeedaddle.  Time to run.

Be well.


Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment