Wednesday, April 22, 2015



--ALL I KNOW FOR SURE IS I AM BROKEN


…Already this early morning I have seen it storm, rain down, turn sunny and now change into something glistening and blue-gray, like a silver fish.
Maybe it will snow soon.

Some things I liked on Facebook last week were these:


-Who the fuck are the Kardashians?  Enough.
-A TOTAL STRANGER just asked me what I what was having and when I said a girl, she said, "I can tell! People put on so much more weight with girls than boys."
-Last night we were walking down Alberta and there was a coyote looking dog off his leash. I went "oh how cute! Look at that guy!" The dog made a whining sound and put its tail between its legs. We looked at the owner and he said to me, "I don't think he likes your scarf." Wtf? My scarf was perfectly lovely.
-I think I want either a new vacuum cleaner or an elephant for my birthday.
-Omg. I'm pretty sure that fancy gluten free nutrition bar I just ate tasted like stale dog food dipped in garbage.
-i find it very diminishing and demeaning when people chalk everything a uterus-having-person is feeling up to pms so i usually forget that pms is a thing people actually experience, which leads to days like today where i double-fist reese's peanut butter cup oreos and cadbury cream eggs and almost cry multiple times while watching "scandal" and there i am like "what is HAPPENING why am i so emotional and starving" and then i'm like "oh right because my birth control goes to placebos tomorrow"

Some other things I like on a Wednesday are these:

“It’s the small things that break your heart.” Rebecca McClanahan

“Maybe all my writing is one of trying to understand, to empathize with suffering, and two of the ways I’ve found to do this are through reenactments and witnessing.” Nick Flynn

“At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable.”  Christopher Reeve

“Smile, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” Marilyn Monroe

“True friends stab you in the front.” Oscar Wilde

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

“If you have lived it, then it seems I must hear it.” Holly Near

"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death." Anais Nin.


“God is the kicked child, the child who rocks alone in the basement, the one fucked so many times she does not know her name, her mind burning like a star.” Ellen Bass, “Bearing Witness”


No comments:

Post a Comment