Wednesday, February 11, 2015



--NEVER GIVE A GUN TO DUCKS


…Writing a sex scene is a lot harder than you might think.  At least it is for me.  After my writing group rejected the notion that a single kiss would suffice in the novel I’m writing, I was pressed to make the two characters have sex.  So that’s what I worked on most of yesterday:  Sex.

…For some reason I’ve had “Legal Boys” by Elton John stuck in my head all morning.  Usually I get something from Les Miserables caught in my head, but I’ve had an apparent reprieve from that.

…Today needs to be a productive day.  After all, it’s Wednesday.

Here are some things I like midweek:


“Why should I? When somebody insulted Caruso, did he sing an aria for them? “ Joe Louis, explaining why he did not hit a motorist after the latter
abused him following an accident.

“There is a sense of exhilaration that comes from facing head-on the hard truths and saying, "We will never give up. We will never capitulate. It might take a long time, but we will find a way to prevail."
Jim Collins

“I saw a man conceal his cowardice beneath the mantle of patience, call laziness tolerance, and fear, courtesy.” Kahil Gibran

“The worst prison is a closed heart.” Pope John Paul II 

“Some people say I have attitude - maybe I do. But I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.”  Venus Williams

“Eighty percent of success is just showing up.” Woody Allen

“When trying to make something of yourself, be careful not to make an ass of yourself.” D.J.

“Men do cry.” Ron Johnson

 




No comments:

Post a Comment