Wednesday, January 21, 2015

   


--THAT’S THE PROBLEM WITH LOVE, YOU CAN’T MAKE IT DO WHAT IT WANTS


…Early tomorrow morning I’m boarding a plane and heading to Santa Fe where I will meet with some cherished writer friends and others I know only virtually.  Our reading is Saturday night.  It’s a talented group.  It’s a fun group.  Hopefully no one will get arrested.

Out here in the boonies on this little old lake around now, near five o’clock in the late afternoon, we get the most amazing sunsets—usually smears of fuchsia clouds, lavender or plum.  Tonight they look like the deep blue color of a new bruise.

…I won’t likely be on here until I get back, since I’m not taking a computer.  The last trip I took my laptop on either myself, my roommate, or one of the housekeepers stepped on it and now it looks like a roschach test pattern.  The only way I’m able to type this is because I have it hooked up to a monitor.

…So I’ll leave you with some facts I found interesting, and some insight I found revealing:



--Only 45 percent of the populations makes New Year resolutions and of those only 8% are successful.

--Children raised without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crimes.  Nine more times likely to drop out of school.  Twenty more times likely to end up in prison..


--With the recent plunge in gas prices, US motorists will save $97 billion this year, or $750 per household.

--Annual income from the estates of celebrities:
#1. Michael Jackson $140 million
#2. Elvis $55 million
#3. Charles Schulz $40 million
#4. Elizabeth Taylor $25 million



  
...“I ain’t afraid to love a man.  I ain’t afraid to shoot him either.” Annie Oakley

“Wisdom begins in wonder.”   Socrates

“You and I are not cool.  And that’s all right.  I’s what most of great art is all about.”  The Good Wife

“Death has a way of bringing family together.” Justified

“Everything you notice is important.  Let me say that a different way: If you notice something, it’s because it’s important.”  Verlyn Klinkenborg

“Let us read and let us dance - two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.”  Voltaire
  

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment