Friday, January 9, 2015



--I THOUGHT YOU’D UNDERSTAND WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE MISUNDERSTOOD



…I’ve been in a funk.  I think traveling to Spokane and having to deal with all my dad’s stuff is the impetus.  It takes me back and brings me down.
Then there are greedy people thrown into the mix.  What kind of person would open the safety deposit boxes without telling the Executor of the Will?  A pretty shady person, is what I think.

It helps to read poetry when I’m I a funk.  “What We Carry” by Dorriane Laux and “The Village” by Louise Gluck have been my go-to volumes.  You’ll find a bit of them below.
Speaking of below, here are some things I like for the weekend:


“I would rather die standing up than live kneeling down.” Stephane Charbonnier


“We stand in the sun and the sun heals us.
It doesn’t rush away.  It hangs above us,
like an actor pleased with his entrance.”  Louise Gluck


“To get born, your body makes a pact with death, and from that moment, all it tries to do is cheat.”  Louise Gluck

“But there are truths that ruin a life; the same way some lies are generous, warm and cozy like the sun on the brick wall.” Louise Gluck

“Just keep going.  Everybody gets better if they keep at it.” Ted Williams

“Put your heat, mind, soul and intellect into even the smallest acts.  This is the secret of success.” Sivananda Sarasvati

“The first one gets the oyster; the second gets the shell.” Andrew Canegie

“Of all the animals, man is the only who that lies.” Mark Twain

“Of all the animals, man is the only one that blushes, or needs to.” Mark Twain

“Let’s kick their ass and get the hell out of here.” Gen. George Armstrong Custer

“I don’t always know what I’m talking about, but I know I’m right.” Muhammad Ali


“Never eat more than you can lift.” Miss Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment