Monday, November 24, 2014




--LOVE SHOULD BE BRAVE, BOLD AND SHINY


…I get Word-a-Day.  Do you?  You should.  You can learn new words or figure out what the words you thought you knew really mean.

Here are a couple I like:

Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Share on Google+
\kee-ahr-uh-SKYOOR-oh\
noun
1. the distribution of light and shade in a picture.
2. Painting. the use of deep variations in and subtle gradations of light and shade, especially to enhance the delineation of character and for general dramatic effect: Rembrandt is a master of chiaroscuro.

Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Share on Google+
\uh-POK-ruh-fuhl\
adjective
1. of doubtful authorship or authenticity.
2. Ecclesiastical. a. (initial capital letter) of or pertaining to the Apocrypha. b. of doubtful sanction; uncanonical.



…I had some tiny bits published in Gigantic Sequins back in 2010 when I used to write and write and couldn’t turn off my mind.
People on Twitter keep reposting the pieces.  I guess they must like them, or I don’t know why else they would do that.
Anyway, here they are:


Cuckold
She says she has a new diet, that she will only eat words from now on. I say, “Worms?” but she corrects me. She fills her bowl with adjectives. She floods her plate with plurals connoting paganism. Or maybe she means plagiarism. I get so jealous. She is one of a kind.

Fondue
I am lines and glyphs and a face full of folded things. I walk on stumpy stilts. I need a cause to fight for. You told me once, “I believe in you.” People used to think the world was flat and now such a notion seems silly insanity. If you place your hand here, dip a finger into its gooey center and have a taste, you might be able to understand me.

Beneath
My trachea is a leaky boat spilling saltwater as well as my secret impulses. These, they bob and throb beside bluewater veins and slippery shells, fragile but not yet broken.

The Dead Sea
She laid me down in a bed, in a bath of oily holy water stole from foreign soil. I felt compromised. My eyelids reflected on the surface, looked like unshut doors, windows left open for lurking burglars wearing gloves so as not to leave prints. When I dream now I mostly float. The salt is briny but it brings me luck.

Six
One omen is that Mother hums now, a feline, a heater, a planet twisting wrong in its dark orbit. She irons shirts and underwear. Her hair is frosted, her lids glossy lime. There was a time so long ago, when I was maybe an embryo, that she needed me.

Dumb
Today I woke and learned that I can no longer speak. My tongue is gone. My mouth is a hole, a rictus, a well. Drop a penny down to hear the splatter. Make a wish for me, please.

My Confessions
These words are my organs, pulsing and spilling sloppy over my skins and blank pages and choruses. I have urges that frighten me. Lean your head here and try not to tremble.

History
His breath tells stories, glories, never boring but always lethal. The stains on his striped overalls are permanent. They are.

Messages
I have possessions I want to share, little origami items with prophecies stuffed inside. When I try eating them, they show up the next day, dry and smearless. I wish I could find a person in need. I wish I wish. I wish I were more like my possessions: clearly written and meaningful.


No comments:

Post a Comment