Monday, October 14, 2013



--I AM MY OWN BIGGEST CONFLICT

I said I was going to have a blast this last weekend, but I wasn’t intending what happened yesterday morning.  At around 6:30 am, shrouded in incredibly dense fog, a coyote  ran across I – 5.  I was doing 70 miles per hour and had not opportunity to swerve, which is a good thing I guess, because if I’d had time I probably would have either rolled my car or fishtailed and been hit by the guy behind me.  As it was, I had to have my car towed 150 miles.  Oh, and the driver had his Pandora mix turned on Ke$ha, so there was that, too.  But hey, at least I didn’t get hurt.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

…Tonight I have my writing group, then Tuesday I’m doing a reading at The Hugo House with three guys from Monday’s writing group.  It should be a lot of fun, but I’m not sure how robust the turnout will be.

…Here are some things I like at the start of a new week:

"What is life about?  It's about working hard and loving someone. Oh, and having fun. And, if you're lucky, you keep your health and someone will love you back." Katherine Hepburn

“And I knew that it was better to live out one's absurdity than to die for that of others.” Ralph Ellison

"It is very difficult to have a meaningful life without meaningful work. Jim Collins

"We will all experience disappointments and crushing events somewhere along the way, setbacks for which there is no "reason"; no one to blame. It might be a disease; it might be injury; it might be an accident; it might be losing a loved one; it might be getting swept away in a political shake up; it might be getting shot down over Vietnam and thrown into a POW camp for 8 years. What separates people, James Stockdale taught me, is not the presence or absence of difficulties, but how they deal with the inevitable difficulties of life." Jim Collins

"We have failed to recognize our one great asset: time. A conscientious use of it could make us into something quite amazing." Friedrich Schiller


"Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth." Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment